Monday, October 3, 2011

PAGE RE-DESIGN DETAILS

Welcome to the potential Re-Design of just VASGO!

Today, Monday Oct. 3rd, marks the beginning of my one week trial of page re-design.  Over the last month, I have grown fond of the many features from the previous template to help you experience what I see and do on a daily basis.  However, when I was told about the latest template which as you can see is quite different in color and layout, I had to test it out with my beloved readers.

By the way, thank you for being so awesome!  Every time you visit my page, I get a fuzzy warm feeling in my stomach.

Yes, it's possibly indigestion from all this great Italian food.

  
The highlights: Arugula leaves tossed in olive oil, lemon juice and grated pecorino romano, our favorite simple salad. Sausage, bought from the outdoor market, is made of prosciutto! ... and it is to die for. The roll was bought from a bakery - superb dough is used making it so delightfully chewy and tender inside (a.k.a. the crumb).  Twisted in is spinach, pieces of mild sausage, and cheese which I think is pecorino romano.  See all those amazing dark brown edges best seen in the middle of the roll?  They are my favorite.  That is all cheese that has been caramelized from heat at a high temperature such as broiling.  I am confident there is no greater taste in this world than caramelized cheese.  Salty, cheesy, tangy, dark, almost smoky.  You need to try it some time.

What else is noteworthy?  This homemade meal including the wine only cost $10 USD for two people. Did you just say $5 per person?! That's like getting high quality food at the prices of a drive-through fast food place!  What a crazy world we live in.

This brings me to my next tangent.  When you visit Rome, you don't have to break the bank eating at restaurants every night.  Rent for your visit a furnished apartment with kitchen (called cucina in Italian) so you can go to the grocery store or outdoor markets and try a few meals like this.

BACK TO THE PAGE RE-DESIGN

Here's why I wanted to do this trial page re-design.

See the top left corner of the page?  Right under the "just" in my page header just VASGO are the words "Sidebar" with an arrowhead pointing down.  That's what I like to call the "User Experience" button.

Go up there and hover over it.  It should open up seven viewing options for you.  Currently, you should be on the "Sidebar" setting.  Play around with it and see how you can make just VASGO your own experience.  Cool, huh?

My personal favorites are viewing the site in Sidebar, Magazine, and Flipcard.

Currently, there are cons to this user-experience design.  For example, there is a serious lack of personality due to the lack of color that I had in my other template.  Remember all the dark reds and light greys?  They also removed other features that I enjoyed updating such as what cities I have visited, about me, tag labels, etc.

Try this out for a week and let me know if you think I should use this from now on, or if I should go back to the old template.  The designers of the new one say they are constantly making updates to it so who knows what else it may offer down the road.  It may be turn out to be the best template for just VASGO.

YOUR OPINION COUNTS!

No comments: