Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Spring in Rome

Happy cat getting sun.
Spring in Rome is spectacular and for those who've never experienced it, I strongly recommend you see it for yourself. The leaves appear, the early flowers bloom and everywhere smells of Mother Nature's finest perfumes.
First blooms from March
Early April visitors get to smell the wisteria. Late April sheds their beautiful hanging flowers, carpeting the sidewalks with tiny purple or white pedals. Yesterday, I got my first whiff of jasmine as I wander through the back alleys of Rome. May and early June will be loaded with these white asterisk-shaped flowers and it reminded me that this truly is the best time of year for visitors. Sure, it can be a little crowded already, but the weather is just right.  The rain is gone, the sun is bright and Rome is at its prettiest.
First grape leaves of the season
Every day, I sit next to a kiwi plant with leaves that turn pink and white, jasmine strands which straggle over the top of my wall soon to bloom and an old grape vine spouting its first leaves to cover the bright sun.

Welcome to my office.
It's easy to write a novel when you have such a beautiful writing environment.

No comments: